Graphic design is one of the fastest growing design careers today. With the rapid technology advancements , the graphic design profession can offer an exiting career for those tech savvy designers that love new innovations.
Bottom line, it can be a very rewarding career choice for creative people looking to express themselves while earning a decent living and providing a comfortable life.
However, this fast and innovative career choice is also becoming more technical and competitive every day, so to ensure your success in this profession, there’s some proper planning to be done.
Graphic Design programs
There are a number of different types of Graphic Design courses found in number of different kinds of institutions from universities to art schools to online programs.
Graphic design education differs greatly from typical courses in many respects. Student learn by doing and its very “hands on” from the start and then they progress to more complex projects later in the curriculum.
The classroom setting is more of a design studio than a lecture hall and now there are many respected online courses as an option.
Graphic Design Education
To determine the level of education that’s right for you, you’ll need to asses your long term goals and the kinds of career opportunities you want available to you after graduation. If you would like the option to work for a high profile agency, then a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design degree is generally preferred.
If working for a small studio or freelancing is the ultimate goal, then often an Associate’s Degree combined with a strong portfolio may suit you just fine.
Finding the Right School
The important things is to first figure out the type of program that’s right for you, then you can evaluate the credentials of schools and their curriculum. Different schools have entirely different philosophies and approaches to Graphic Design.
Your best bet is to get information from multiple schools, as they will tend to shed light on different aspects of the industry as well as their approach to serve the market place.
Being well informed on the many different types of design programs available, is the surest way to ensure you select the school that’s right for you.
Let’s get you started on your path to becoming a successful Graphic Designer!
It’s recommended to get information from at least three different schools. Here’s two of our top pics to get you started.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you’re going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that’s focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design & Foundation for Design (D)
- And more…